Subject: Can this be used to design a website offline and then upload to server? By: Dee Date: 26/02/2012

I have hosting which I paid for with a hosting company and they do offer MySQL and Installatron versions of WordPress, but I really like the idea of being able to work on a WordPress blog on my own PC, so I have all the benefits of the speed of working off my own hard drive. I also have a long list f plugins I usually have to manually add to each of my WordPress websites, so was thinking I could start off with your basic version of WordPress and then add all the plugins I usually use and then just copy the entire folder and then I have the basics for any future websites i setup in WordPress.

So far everything seems to be working really well. But what I want to know is if I design a website using this portable system, how do I go about importing the entire thing to my hosting company's server?

I assume I can just copy the files and import the MySQL Database, but where do I find the default database usernames and passwords?

New comment